HALF-MARATHON / 21.0975km
The half-marathon willl take place on Sunday May 20, 2018.
The registration fee includes:
- Bib number with name (if registered until April 15, 2018) and a ChronoTrack B-tag
- Course maps and full information guide
- Live web and mobile runner tracking
- Marathon Bag and Marathon Bag Storage at the start and finish area
- Refreshments and on-course care
- Pacemakers with various finishing times
- Finisher's bag with refreshments and snacks
- Free massage for all 21K finishers
- Finisher’s medal
- Lattelecom Riga Marathon special collection t-shirt
- Photo service
The course lies in the very centre of Riga City and all runners can enjoy the charm of the largest city in the Baltic States. The course allows all visitors to run on both sides of the Daugava River, the largest river in Latvia and with the help of three bridges - Vanšu, Akmens and Salu. Runners can enjoy some of the most beautiful spots in Riga – the Art Nouveau district, the amazing panorama of Old Riga and Pārdaugava, as well as the paved streets of the Medieval Hanseatic Old Town and wooden architecture of Ķīpsala island. All courses are traffic-free. Riga is rather flat without significant hills or ascents; therefore the only major challenge is crossing the bridges.
Start and finish
The start and finish area for all races will be located in 11. novembra krastmala right next to Daugava River and Old Riga between Vanšu Bridge and Akmens Bridge. The start for the marathon and half-marathon distances are given on the same time.
- Marathon and half-marathon: 8.30
- 10km: 12:30
- 6km 1st wave: 14:00
- 6km 2nd wave: 14:15
A detailed start and finish area map will be provided come spring.
Aid stations and refreshments
Refreshments will be served in the following sequence: (1) individual drinks of elite runners, (2) water, (3) Isostar isotonic drink (Hydrate & Perform Orange), (4) bananas and oranges, (5) water, (6) container with sponges.
Emergency medical aid (EMA) vehicles with medic brigades will be located in various locations of the course throughout the event and Medical Staff will be available in all energy points and in-between them. If medical assistance is needed at the start and finish area, a First Aid tent next to the finish arc will be at your service.